Monday, November 28, 2011

Post Thanksgiving 2011

Happy Cyber Monday guys!!! It's post-thanksgiving and I'm happy to report that I survived this holiday weekend amongst family and crazy Black Friday shoppers! However, I'm on the fence about being happy or sad that I gained about 10 lbs. because of all the food I ate this weekend! Besides that, I hope everyone enjoyed their long holiday weekend! You only live once, right?

So, this year, I was in charge of a few things but the project I held dear to my heart was (drum roll please).....The Dessert Table! :-) Last week's blog gave you a glimpse of the theme I was working with and my little turkey made his grand debut.  Now, to show you how I pulled it all together.....Taaa-Daaa!!!     




Of course, I had to make cupcakes and chocolate covered marshmallow pops:



A Red Velvet Cake Roll: (hmmm.....yummy!)


I whipped up a simple, yet straight-to-the-point art piece and framed it:




And, finally,  I saved the cake for last.  If you recall from last week's blog, I mentioned that I would be attempting to make my very first fondant cake.  Well, as you can see below, that didn't work out so well.  (insert sad face here) Clearly, the cake below is not fondant. (insert crying face here)



Lord knows I tried but it just wasn't in the cards for me this time. So, I must keep trying and trying until victory is mine! Thank goodness my little turkey made up for that! (hehehe) Until then, I'll keep you posted on my progress.  There's always Christmas, right?

I hope you enjoyed! Until next week my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment