Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pregnancy Photo Fun

The Last of the Mohicans, the final roll call, or as my grandmother would later call her - "el concolón" (the crust at the bottom of an empty pot of rice). That's what my 4th pregnancy was commonly referred to as.  For that reason, I wanted to do things with this pregnancy that I hadn't done with any of my previous pregnancies.  For example, the Gender Reveal Party from my previous post.



Normally, my husband and I would find out the gender of our baby during our doctor's visit and then let our family in on the news ourselves.  That was the standard ritual for all three of the previous pregnancies.  This time, however, we decided to make it a family affair and find out all at the same time.  It was incredibly hard not opening the envelope the moment the doctor gave it to us but holding off and finding out at the same time as everyone else was well worth the wait.


As you can see in the video below, no one was more happier than my daughter and the grandmother to be. This video cracks me up every time I see it. I would show you more of the video but, honestly, it's about 8 minutes more of just them two screaming and falling on the ground.  Mean while, please notice how my son runs off in disappointment. #pricelessmoments


For last year's Halloween fun, we decided to dress up as a Family of Nerds and that was soooo much fun! I whipped up some photo props for the day:



and here are more photos of that fun-filled day:




Then, as I stated in my previous post, Tiffany Blue, Fucsia, and Giraffe Print Baby Sprinkle, I had fairly large Baby Showers for all three of my previous pregnancies.  This time around, however, we decided to have a Baby Sprinkle on a much smaller scale and to be completely honest, I think we had the best time this last go round.  It was more intimate and without the pressure of hosting a big party, we were actually able to enjoy ourselves more.  I tell you, hindsight is always 20/20.  If I knew then what I know now (insert the rest here).  :-/


Finally, I wanted to capture our last pregnancy with some humor and with a progressive sequence shot so we decided on doing our own spin of the classic beer/baby belly pictures.  Here are some of the ones we took during the pregnancy...




For the Grand Finale, here is the final progressive pre and post-pregnancy shot together as one...


I am so happy we documented our last pregnancy this way. These pictures are truly timeless and will be awesome to look back on when my daughter becomes of age.  Not to mention, we also had a blast doing so!  My hope is that everyone can take the time to invest in capturing special moments like these in their own lives.

Cheers to making memories that'll last a lifetime!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment