Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Dad's 55th Birthday


This year my dad had the fortunate opportunity of turning 55 years old; may God continue to bless him with many more.  He's not one for much fanfare so, with the help of my mom, we put together a last minute celebration in his honor. The celebration would only include the immediate family so it really wasn't a big deal in terms of preparation and planning.  My mom was in charge of the food menu while I, of course, was assigned to decoration and set-up duty.  

Now, in case you haven't noticed yet, I'm a bit of a "theme freak"and planning and executing a detailed party requires time and a well thought out plan. In this case, however, I had about three days to come up with something.  All I can say is thank God for my "craft stash" and my Cricut machine because those three days really turned into one considering my hectic life raising my four beautiful children.

So, here it goes. When in doubt and out of time just pick a color scheme and stick to the age.


(Disclaimer: The age idea may not work so well for women but most men could care less if you display their age. However, using only a color scheme works just as well.) :-)


See there!!! Nothing a few pinwheels, a memory board and desserts couldn't fix.  A simple, yet appealing display.  Oh yeah, and I was just dying to use this super cute cupcake ferris wheel that I brought from Amazing Savings.



And of course, a banner displaying my dad's name so that it would be the first thing he saw as he walked through the door.  



I'm glad I could put a smile on your face if only for a moment, Dad. Happy Birthday!!


Signed, 
Creative Girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment